There’s a great series of free online webinars on using Google in the classroom taking place Saturday, 11/12 starting at 9 AM. The subjects change during the day and you can sign up for one or all of them, at your discretion. It’s really worth checking out. You do have to register for the sessions in advance, so I’d encourage you to do so as soon as possible. Here’s the agenda, along with a link to their page directly.
Simple k-12 also has a great series of free ebooks, on topics including interactive whiteboards, web tools and more- all free, and all worthwhile= go check them out!
Saturday, November 12th
A Day of Learning with SimpleK12
- Keynote Kickoff: Are You GaGa for Google?
Watch a brief Day of Learning Orientation and learn some new, fun, and educational ways to take full advantage of Google applications.
- Register Now: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/248024618
- Flipping Your Classroom: It’s Easy with Khan Academy
Do you wish you had more time for hands-on work, collaborative projects, or labs during class? Learn how to do all of that and more by flipping your classroom.
- Register Now: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/256149370
- Social Networking with Students and Parents: It’s Safer Than You Think
Learn a number of reasons why you should create a social network site for school or classroom use, and look at an example of a safe social networking site.
- Register Now: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/112455658
- Stories on the Go: Digital Storytelling with Mobile Devices
Discover some free and very inexpensive applications that help learners showcase their learning by creating digital stories.
- Register Now: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/273990242
- 20 Web Tools in 20 Minutes: Revitalize Lesson Plans and Motivate Students
Whether you are looking for some ideas to help you present material to your students or for kids to demonstrate understanding of content, this webinar will provide you a variety of intriguing technologies.
- Register Now: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/533714770
- Creating Global Citizens with Meaningful Blogging
Do you want your students to be global citizens who are connected with other children around the world? If so, then student blogging is for you!
- Register Now: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/129448466
- Students Write More; You Grade Less!
Learn how to use online discussions and group collaboration to support a variety of writing assignments and spend a fraction of the time grading.
- Register Now: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/610337538